Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ANASOOYADEVIATHRISON LIFE AND TIMES

I am A descendant of Anasooya Devi and Mahaa Muni Athri
These are my thoughts , my philosophy , I hope all will agree
We are all Sanaathanis as we are all fruits of the Original Tree
All of us are Braahmins , the result of Brahma's Creative force
We are all Humans , men and women , children of Manu
I believe in my own faith , brought up in a way , which for me is nice
I can not help if I am considered a non believer by others grace
Not afraid of brimstone and fire , nor am I enamored by heaven's face
Not worried of being roasted , or boiled , as by that time I am not alive
Having said all that as a preamble let me say what in my mind I have .
At age three score plus ten and seven , I am A Senior by Divine Grace
I think that I am entitled to that honor , may not be by A royal decree .

As a senior I assure all that I am only a benevolent observer
Not an imposer of my views , but only an elderly adviser
My philosophy is not to ask for any thing , nor to expect from another
I have what I need , content with what I have , enough for my person
Except for my advice and solace , I have no material gifts to offer
As of now I have no desire to be a monetary borrower
I believe in live and let others live in harmony , peace and prosper

Having said that, when friends ask me and if I know I shall answer
You ask me to play games , I will say no , as I have no time to spare
Do not recommend that I request someone to be a friend , but my hand I
shall offer
Treat me with respect and regard due to me , I will be your guide and counselor
Slap me on my cheek , I will not turn my other cheek , but I will not
keep quiet either
You give me a rose , or your best wishes , I will with all humility
accept your offer
Young or old , rich or poor , intellectual or a learner , Bless me , I
will bow my head lower.

I am same as you , neither your leader, nor your follower , but only a
friendly neighbor
Accept me for what I am with all my beauty spots and blemishes , I
will be your friend forever
Hurt me in any way what so ever , I will not forget , try to forgive ,
but a grudge I will not bear
Do not put me on a pedestal , nor ask me to sit without any
wherewithal , treat me as your equal on a par
Finally let me say , I am happy with my past , content with the
present , not upset the about future ,
Life has been good to me so far .
so be it , that is all friends for the present , wishing you all the
best that your lives can offer
aathreya - dr.bala krishna murthy ramaraju

No comments: