Monday, April 7, 2014

It has been a while since I wrote about my Life . The stresses and strains of everyday life have withheld my hand from travelling back in time from the present into the past . Past is a ghost but a host to my memory , a test to determine how best is my path of memory . Now it is a hobby for me to now and then go back decades and see how it was then . Let me start in the past on May First 1962 and I took charge as Assistant Professor Of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Surgeon , Andhra Medical College / King George Hospital / Andhra University , Visakhapatnam , AndhraBhaarath . My supervisor was Dr SS Reddy , MS FRCS a not dependable person , I will tell you why . Pediatric Surgery is the newest and latest specialty created for the first time in my home state and I was due for promotion as Professor Of Pediatric Surgery by end of 1964 but for DR SS Reddy who day in and day out discouraged me in the department and literally forced me to request for a transfer to General Surgery which I did out of my own ignorance , naivety , and false faith in the honesty of DR SS Reddy , and that entirely changed the course of my destiny in that instead of becoming A Professor in 1964 , I had to wait for 19 long years to become Professor Of Surgery only in 1983 . But two good things came out of that wrong step I took - 1. I wanted to go to England and become an FRCS which I did in 1968 , and 2. I became Head of Department Of General Surgery in 1990 in Guntur Medical College , the same College where way back in 1952 I joined as a first year medical student . In that way I fulfilled my father's ambition of becoming A Doctor , my two fold ambition of becoming A Surgeon With MS and FRCS degrees , and my destiny's wish of becoming HOD Surgery , First Surgeon - first of 5 units and Dean of General Hospital all by the end of 1992 . Now let me go back and say few words about that one year as A Pediatric Surgeon 1962 - 1963 which was immensely satisfying, me becoming proficient in all aspects of Childrens' Surgery , Adult General Surgery , and Anesthesiology , all said and done a very satisfactory Academic Surgical Career , a fact , but I never did boast about that except to write now what happened - so there it is , I leave it to you to accept , me I will be back when I am in the mood to talk about my past ! AnasooyaAthreyaSeshaAnjaneyakrishna

No comments: