Friday, February 7, 2014

Doctor Balakrishna Visakhapatnam AndhraBhaarath July 1954 - June 1957. February 7, 2014 at 8:07am I am done with Guntur Medical College . My first two years of pre-clinical medical education 1952 -1954 done with and over successfully . I have cleared all my preclinical subjects creditably - Anatomy , Embryology , Histology , Physiology , Biochemistry , Organic Chemistry , Dissections , Tracings of EKG / ECG , Muscle Contraction Curves . In 1954 I am now no longer a teenager . Guntur Medical College / Guntur Government General Hospital is not recognized by Indian Medical Council New Delhi for Clinical Phase of Medical Education . So now I am on way to Andhra Medical College Visakhapatnam then known as Vizag for the next three years of my Clinical Phase of Medical Education from July 1954 to June 1957 . Let me say a few words of Andhra Medical College ( AMC ) , King George Hospital ( KGH ) , Visakhapatnam ( Vizag ) , and Andhra University Waltair ( AU ) . AMC was originally Vizag Medical School offering Licentiate in Medical Practice Diploma ( LMP ) a three year course ( my father was an LMP ) . In early 1930s Vizag Medical School has become Andhra Medical College offering a five year Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree ( MBBS ). KGH is an affiliated teaching hospital manned by Britishers and Indians . Vizag is a Bay of Bengal Coastal City towards North East of Madras Presidency and south of Calcutta ( Kolkata ) . AMC is older than Andhra University being originally affiliated to Madras University , but when in early 1940 when Andhra University was formed comprising of all educational institutions of Andhra Bhaarath Thelugu-speaking area , AMC became affiliated to Andhra University ( AU ) . AU is located in Waltair a beautiful suburb of Vizag , the whole City , perched right on the shores of Bay of Bengal being looked at from Dolphin's Hill and Blessed by Simhaadri Appanna . Now I am going to embark upon my journey to AMC / KGH / AU / Vizag and am very anxious . Let me get over my anxiety - please realize that for the first time I am leaving my birth town Guntur , going to be away from my family , on the way to become my own man away from the disciplinary surveillance of my stern father , so let me take some deep breaths , let me relax , let me overcome my fears , and then I will describe my virgin journey to a place far away , please abide and tarry with me - I will be back and we will journey together from Guntur to Visakhapatnam ..anasooyaathreyabaalakrishnamurthyramaraju

No comments: