Thursday, July 24, 2014

August 1992 - August 2014

AnasooyAathreya-SeshaAnjaneyakrishna Athrison : August 1952 I joined Medical College . August 1992 , my career in Bhaarath India is coming to an end and USA beckoned me . My journey from East to West following the Sun across western ghats . My journey commenced in Guntur to Chennai to Mumbai ,across western seas to Heathrow London ,across Atlantic Ocean landed in Newark , New jersey on a warm day on that day in August of 1992. November 1992 my services are no longer needed in Bhaarath India. At the prescribed mandatory age of 58 I had to retire on a pension to give way to an youngster to have his/her say . I am free . For the next two years my sojourn in USA took me to Hasbrouck Heights,NJ ; Marlborough in Massachusetts and to Salt Lake City in Utah . November 1994 I have completed six decades of my existence on Mother Earth - a glorious memorable Sixty Years - Shashtti Poorthi in Vedic parlance . I am a living witness of 12 Suns each one five times meaning five times twelve Sixty - meaning of Shashtti poorthi = sixty years completion . Lord krishna Lived For 120 years and this mortal krishna is halfway = 60 years = Shashtti Poorthy. I returned back to my home in Krishna Nagar Guntur and celebrated The Vedic Ritual of my Shashtti Poorthy on that tenth day of November 1994. That was the last of my association with my home , my town Guntur and everything else I was born into . I sold my Maaruthi Cairo Dust Car , My Ancestral Home and now I have nothing left of my own - I am materially , philosophically free of all my Embryological Connections with my home town Guntur but not with my Country of Birth that is Bhaarath and free to savor my life in USA for all It's worth . So I returned back to USA by the end of 1994 and from 1994 to 2014 I am a pendulum back and forth between Bhaarath and USA worth and wherever I was I made a name for myself and I am happy to say I am A Survivor being an American while in USA and an Indian while in Bhaarath . I studied Gerontology at U Mass Boston , worked for the welfare of Seniors in USA as well in India , had more time with my own family . I traveled across America from Atlantic Ocean to Pacific Ocean , lived in several places in New Jersey , New York State , Marlborough in Massachusetts , Salt lake City in Utah , Maple valley in Seattle Washington , Savoy and Champaign in Illinois , saw Chicago , New York City The Big Apple and since December 25 of 2011 in Brighton Town a suburb of Rochester City , Monroe County , Finger lakes Region in Upstate New York and built up a happy rapport with all Brightonians , had a good time among very helpful friendly people of Brighton - Town Clerk Daniel Aman , Elder Source Felicia Davis , Visiting Nurse Nicole Swirzer RN , Star program Transport Jaqueline Hicks , Fish program Transport Marie , Lift Line Medicaid Transport , My beloved Primary Care Physician Doctor Mala Ratan Gupta MD , my Cardiologist Doctor Maurice E.Varon MD , my Eye doctor Mark S.Jacobson MD , my Apartment manager MS Allison , my Brighton Food Cover and my Brighton Your Ward Robe and My Senior center and so many memories . Again that memorable month in my life August , come August Tenth 2014 I am back in Secunderabad Bhaarath India and I eagerly await the opportunity to meet one and all in India - So Be It - what will be will be , Be happy , keep smiling - Krishna . AnasooyAathreya-SeshaAnjaneyakrishna Athrison

No comments: