Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Guntur 1978 - 1983

It has been two years since January 1976 that I have been in charge of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Surgeon in Guntur Government General Hospital / Guntur Medical College . Me an FRCS but Directorate of Medical Education wanted an M Ch Pediatric Surgery qualification and I was asked to hand over to one such M Ch qualified surgeon and it was all for my own benefit in that I was posted in the same place as Urologist / Genitourinary Surgeon Guntur GGH / GMC and I took charge on January 01 , 1978 . From the time of 1970 when I returned from England expecting miracles this new incarnation as Urologist in 1978 is one of many and I am happy to state that I did justice at all times to the society . I had a satisfactory academic accomplishment which I already mentioned . Now for the next five years from January 01 , 1978 to July 31 , 1983 I had a very happy satisfying job , performing Prostatectomies , Lithotomies , various urological surgical procedures tackling renal problems such as Hydronephrosis , Chyluria , Calculi , Trauma , and Malignancy ; ureteric implantation - vesico-ureterostomy , Urinary bladder - calculi , VVF( vesico-vaginal fistula ) , Urethral strictures , Hypospadias and many more including pediatric urological procedures . I presented papers at conferences , but history repeated with the arrival of a M Ch in Urology in July 1983 to whom I handed over my responsibility . But a much more pleasant surprise awaits and I am happy to share with you which is , I was promoted as Professor of General Surgery cum Civil Surgeon and my academic career took an upward turn which began as on August 01 , 1983 and lasted up to November 30 , 1992 when as per the existing rules I retired at the age of 58 and I am eager to share with you all , that last nine years of my professional life which I will soon . AnasooyaAthreyaSeshaAnjaneyakrishna Athrison

No comments: