Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Life In Guntur 1983 - 1992

Life outcome is based upon three influences - 1. Parents and society in which born and brought up ; 2. Self - what one sets out to achieve by personal efforts , dreams , ambitions ; 3. Destiny - predetermined . I never thought I would become A Doctor - that one is father's influence . I became A Surgeon , Studied and Worked in England , Migrated to USA - my efforts , my dreams , my ambition . Became Professor and HOD Surgery , Director of Medical Education - all because of Destiny . I could have become A Professor of Pediatric Surgery in 1964 and again in 1976 but both times it was denied and I was reconciled . I should have become A Professor of Genito-Urinary Surgery in 1978 yet again Destiny decreed negative . Then in 1983 I became Professor of Surgery and General Surgeon junior most among four Surgical Units in Guntur Medical College / Guntur Government General Hospital where back in 1952 I joined as a first year medical student . Within a short span of seven years by 1990 I became Chief Professor of Surgery , First Surgical Unit , HOD Department of General Surgery , Additional Director of Medical Education , Dean , Medical Superintendent and on 30 November 1992 at the age of 58 years I retired As Director Of Medical Education . I built A House in my ancestral land in Guntur , Krishna Nagar ( my namesake ) , had my own Car Maruthi Cairo Dust , became A grandfather Ameya , got my Green Card and migrated to USA - all a fast moving kaleidoscopic meteoric events. My role as A Professional in State Government Medical Education Service in Bhaarath ( India ) has come to end by the end of 1992 and now I am on the threshold of my life in United States Of America - I will see you all in USA - vini , vidi , visi - but I was conquered by America with my heart , soul still in Bhaarath ( India ) .

No comments: